TBFM

TBFM
Click on the pic for the best in rock and metal radio!

Monday 27 August 2012

Album Review - Cancel The Astronauts - Animal Love Match

This weeks album for review comes from a band hailing from North of the border, Edinburgh to be precise. Cancel The Astronauts bring us Animal Love Match. This is their debut album, although they have released 2 EP's previous to this offering. Their first EP was released in 2009 entitled, I am The President Of Your Fanclub (And Last Night I Followed You Home), catchy isn't it? Their second EP was released the following year, called, Funny For A Girl. This is however, their first full length recording, and if I'm being brutally honest, I fecking LOVE IT!!!

02 Seven Vices by Cancel The Astronauts

From the tranquil, if misleading, intro, that leads into a thunderous, and magnificently catchy title track., via the absolutely brilliant single, Intervention, through to the fading completion of I Sold My Soul (And This Is All I Got), this is a work of supreme quality. Self recorded and produced over an 18 month period. It is an album all about love. How we find loved ones, how they find us, and how we treat eachother in the process. In sound it is very much in the same vane as Two Door Cinema Club. With catchy synth work, great twin guitars and a superb vocal through out.



 Currently described as "One of the local scenes best kept secrets", this cannot be the case for much longer. The music world will surely be doing Cancel The Astronauts a huge disservice if this band is not HUGE in the months and years to come. If this first album is anything to go by, we are in for a treat!!

Cancel The Astronauts are :-

Matthew Riley (vocals and guitar)
Kieran McCaffrey (guitar)
Chris Kay (drums)
Michael Craig (synth)
Neil Davidson (bass)

Full Track Listing:-
1 Animal Love Match
2 Seven Vices
3 Intervention
4  Love Backwards
5 Making Dynamite
6 Lekking
7 Shapes
8  Promises of Strangers
9 I See, Uh-Huh
10 While I Was Sleeping
11 Catch You If I Can
12 I Sold My Soul (And This Is All I Got)

Animal Love Match by Cancel The Astronauts is released on Monday 17th September, but you can pre order it here

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...